cais1.gif (153930 bytes)

CAIS Persian Text.gif (34162 bytes)

CAIS

The Circle of Ancient Iranian Studies


 Persian Section.PNG (9914 bytes)


Home


About CAIS


Articles


Daily News


News Archive


Announcements


CAIS Seminars


Image Library


Copyright


Disclaimer


Submission


Search


Contact Us


Links


Facebook-Button.jpg (107165 bytes)



.

CAIS ARCHAEOLOGICAL & CULTURAL NEWS©

 

Latest Result of the Archaeological Research in Haft Tappeh

 

13 October 2005

 

 

LONDON, Oct. 13 (CAIS) - The recent findings from the ancient sites of Haft Tappeh (Tepe), was announced by Dr behzad Mofidi the director of the Iranian research team in a press conference yesterday.

 

The second archaeological excavation recently began with the joint cooperation of Irano-German archaeologist from Iran’s Cultural Heritage Organisation (ICHO) and Meinz University.

 

“In the first 11 days of dig, we have found a number of ceramic-figurines, pottery and five Akkadian clay inscriptions written in cuneiform”, Dr behzad Mofidi the director of the Iranian research team told ISNA Persian Service.

 

“The discovered 3500-years-old tablets dated back to Elamite period from an Elamite administrative-archive hold various information, documents and inventory of the commodities held in a storeroom”, Mofidi stated.

 

Mofidi added, “the findings from last year’s archaeological season, were including: pottery vessels, musical instruments and various bronze objects such as few daggers”.

 

The ruins of the ancient city of Haft-Tappeh lie on the plain of Khuzestan close to the ruins of ancient Susa and two kilometers from the Chogha Zanbil Ziggurat. This large Elamite site contains fourteen major visible mounds, the largest rising about 17 meters above the surrounding plain, and its related extensions cover an area about 1500 meters long and 800 meters wide.  

 

The team has also been tasked with discovering the exact location of Kabnak, where the Elamite king Tepti-ahar built a temple complex in the fifteenth century BC and was buried at the site.