The Circle of Ancient Iranian Studies
(CAIS) -- A group of Japanese experts are due to
arrive to Iran next week to start their excavations at Bolaghi Valley, Fars
province. The team will also study the historic relics unearthed so far in this
historic site. Based on the current plan, excavations by Japanese archaeologists
will continue until March 21.
this news, director of ICHTO’s Archaeology Research Centre, Hassan Fazeli
Nashli, told Persian service of CHN that the Japanese government will pay all
the costs of excavations by the Japanese team and ICHTO will be in charge of
their transportation and accommodation.
is while in an earlier interview with CHN during the recent seminar on
archaeological achievements at Bolaghi Valley had announced excavations at this
historic site were finished and no further studies are needed at Bolaghi Valley.
However, the coming of the Japanese team indicates that excavations will resume in Bolaghi Valley and will last for another two months. This further shows that the Dam will not be flooded until late March. “This tells us that we still have time to continue our excavations in the historic sites near Sivand Dam,” said Fazeli Nashli, adding that ICHTO is ready to provide the necessary facilities for other archaeologists who are interested to continue their studies at Bolaghi Valley.
Copyright © 1998-2015 The Circle of Ancient Iranian Studies (CAIS)